Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sentimental Sunday: 1042-Église Sainte-Mélanie, Sainte-Mélanie 1869

 While browsing flicker this morning I found this picture of the church some of my Robillard ancestors centered their lives around in the mid to late 19th century and early 20th century. Flickr has a blog this option so I thought I would share. The church looks to be in pretty good shape for a church that is 141 years old. My g-g-grandfather, Jerome Robillard's burial record from Ste-Melanie has the abbreviation, inh.cave l'eglise which means inhume dans le caveau de l'eglise and translates to, buried in the basement of the church. Someday I will make it up there to Ste-Melanie to pay my respects. To see more photos of some old Quebec churches please see the photographer's set entitled, ÉGLISES DU QUÉBEC (Quebec Churchs)

No comments:

Post a Comment