Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Almost Wordless Wednesday: Mr & Mrs. Charles Francois Therrien, circa 1894

This week for Wordless Wednesday I present to you, dear reader, a picture that was sent to me from my first cousin, one time removed, Kevin Maille (Emile J, Theresa Normandin). This picture is believed to be of Charles Francois Therrien (J-B, Marie-Celine Letourneau); his wife, Marie Provencal (Isisdore, Philomene Desrosiers) and their daughter Rose. The picture, sent to me in .jpg format, has been edited by yours truly, with a copy of the original having been retained. Written on the original, in red ink, were the words, Grandpa, Grandma and Rose. These words are thought to have been written by my grand uncle, John Maille (Cuthbert, Rose Therrien). Kevin said that this picture, along with some others, were found in my great-grandmother's home (which no longer stands) at 60 Wheeler Rd. in Dracut. My great-grandmother, Rose Maille nee Therrien, was born on 7 Feb., 1894 in Lowell. So, if the information that was written on this picture is correct, I am assuming that this picture was probably taken around that time.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog!

    Have a nice time!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fabulous when someone shares a photo like that with us. Just a treasure. Your blog is great. Glad you stopped by. We have a few common surnames for sure though I don't think I have any in Mass. they were mostly in Quebec and Manitoba.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori, Good-morning and thank you for stopping in to say hello. Yes, it's wonderful to receive such gifts, they are treasures indeed.. I have had great luck in that department. I recognize the surnames Bruneau and Champagne from your blog. My bf Brian has a paternal great-grandmother who is descended from the Beaugrand dit Champagne line and I have a paternal great-great grandmother who is a Bruneau, Flavie Bruneau(Joseph, Flavie Trudel). I have not researched her line yet. Oh well, merci encore et bonne chance dans votre recherche!!

    ReplyDelete