Sunday, June 06, 2010

Sentimental Sunday: Happy Birthday Emelie Robillard

Emelie Robillard is my 3rd great-grand aunt. She was born and baptised on 6 June 1811. Born unto the union of Joseph Robillard (Pierre, Marie Amable Beignet) and Marie Josephe Rivet (Joseph, Marie Madeleine Martin) in St-Sulpice, L'Assomption, . Her god parents were Laurent Robillard and Francoise Robillard.


[Gabriel Drouin, Institut Généalogique Drouin, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Le Fonds Drouin 1621-1967, Quebec vital records, 1811, St-Sulpice, Co-.L'Assomption, P.Q., pg.6, B.20., Emelie Robillard, register photocopy to the Greffe of Joliette] 

According to my current research, her parents, Joseph and Marie-Josephe, had 16 children. Emelie was born 15th and named after a sister who had been born the previous year but passed away at the age of one month and a day.  Emelie Robillard married Narcisse Desrosiers (Louis, Marie Genevieve Cusson dit Foubert)  on 20 February 1838 at St-Sulpice.


 [Gabriel Drouin, Institut Généalogique Drouin, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Le Fonds Drouin 1621-1967, Quebec vital records, 1838, St-Sulpice, Co-L'Assomption, P.Q., pg.2, M.1., Narcisse Desrosiers & Emelie Robillard, register photocopy to the Greffe of Joliette]

In 1852 the family of Narcisse and Emelie are found in St-Joseph-de-Lanoraie, Berthier county. Emelie is 37 years of age and her husband, 38 and a cultivatuer.. The couple have 6 children, the oldest being a daughter named Emelie. Their neighbor's names seem all too familiar me.

[1852 Census: Canada East (Quebec) Subdistrict # 34, St. Joseph de Lanoraie parish, pg. 32d, 33a, (65). Automated Genealogy, http://automatedgenealogy.com/census52/SplitView.jsp?id=33655]

In 1881 I find a  Norcis (Narcisse?) Desrosiers born in 1812 (this fits) living in Lanoraie, and he is widowed. I am not sure if this is Emelie's husband and I have yet to find a burial record for an Emelie Robillard that fits. So if anyone has any further information on the family of Narcisse and Emelie please contact me : ) Also please contact me if you're searching for a Robillard. I have lots of Robillard information that I would love to share and I am willing to do look ups if just so happens that I don't have what or who you are looking for ; D

No comments:

Post a Comment