Thursday, October 28, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday: A Celebration of Life - Part I

Treasure Chest Thursday is a daily blogging prompt from GeneaBloggers - the genealogy community's resource for blogging.

This week for Treasure Chest Thursday I am celebrating the life of my mother by presenting a few pages from her baby book.

Born on 11 March, 1944 in Chelmsford, MA, Pauline Gail Maille was the daughter of Paul Maille (Cuthbert, Rose Therrien) and Rita Moran (John, Yvonne Ferron). She married my father, Jerome Charles Robillard (Joseph, Louise Esther Wright) on 13 Nov., 1965, in Lowell. Next Friday, November 5th, will mark the 28th anniversary of her death.


Cover




Page 1
Given by Mother - "44"
GAILMAILLE


Page 2

"Pauline Gail Maille" 






Page 3

TODAY I CAME INTO THE WORLD
AT 711 O'CLOCK AM. ON SaturDAY
THE 11 of March 1944
DOCTOR Dr. Namay
NURSE

Page 5

"Pauline Gail Maille"

Note: There are known errors in the above chart.
Page 6

GIFTS
Grandma F - Dress + slipp
Irene - sweater set
Aunt Blance - sweater + bootie
Aunt Vic - blanket
Elileen Poole - blanket -
Mrs Poole - candy -
Aunt Jenny - Dress -
Doris Stafford - Dress
Mrs L. Maille - Locket
Mrs C. Therrien - sweater
Mrs Mary Alain - $1.00
Mrs Rose Moran $2.00
Mrs. L Malnloney 1.00
Lillian Alrich Blanket
Mrs Martineau Blanket

Flowers:
Mother - Pat+Chickie
Paul - Mr + Mrs D Putnam
Risa Blacher- Doris + Aunt Blanche

3 comments:

  1. Oh! wow! thanks for sharing, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book Michelle. First, your mother and I are the same age, and I was surprised to see some Pooles listed in the gift section. Nice tribute. Loved the genealogy as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ladies, thanks for popping in. I'm glad you liked it. My grandmother starts to write in more detail on the pages that follow, so keep an eye out cause I'll be adding them soon : )

    ReplyDelete