Tuesday, April 06, 2010

The Obituary of Adelard Sylvestre, Lowell, Massachusetts

Published in The Lowell Sun Monday, 13 May 1940, pg. 3.
ADELARD SYLVESTRE
Adelard Sylvestre, a resident of this city for the past 52 years and one of the oldest parishioner of St. Jean Baptiste church, died Saturday afternoon at St. Joseph's hospital after a brief illness, aged 71 years. He was also one of the founders of the Holy Family sodality of the parish, a member of the Third Order of St. Francis and the Catholic Foresters.

He is survived by his wife, Adeline (Cantin) Sylvestre; two daughters, Miss Esma Sylvestre of this city and Mrs. Joseph Panzi of Ste. Philix de Valois, P. Q.,; three sons, Adelard Jr. and Romeon of this city, and Leo Sylvestre of Melville, N. J.; one sister, Mrs. Joseph Robillard of St. Philix de Valois, P. Q.; several grandchildren and one great-grandchild.

SYLVESTRE -- Died in this city, May 11, at St. Joseph's hospital. Adelard J. Sylvestre. In his 71st year. Funeral Tuesday morning at 8 o'clock from the funeral home, 744 Merrimack street. Solemn high funeral mass at 9 o'clock at St. Jean Baptiste church. Burial in St. Joseph's cemetery under the direction of Joseph E. Tremblay funeral director.
This obituary comes from my within the depths of my Robillard folder which is located on my, ever increasing in size, hard drive. It was found some time ago and has just been sitting and waiting. However, I have yet to research exactly who Adelard's sister, Mrs. Joseph Robillard, from St-Felix-de-Valois is, I have a few hunches, but nothing I have actually researched. I will get to it someday as I have a life time to finish my research : )

No comments:

Post a Comment