Friday, April 30, 2010

The Obituary of Edouard Courtois of Lowell, MA

Sent to me by Eric Christian. Published in The Lowell Sun, Monday, April 14, 1958. Thank-you Eric.
Man Dies on Way to Church

LOWELL--Joseph E. Courtois of 126 Textile avenue, better known as Eddie Courtois, died unexpectedly yesterday.

Mr. Courtois was walking along textile avenue on his was to church and upon reaching White street was stricken with an apparent weak spell.
He was removed to St. Joseph's hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

He was assistant steward at the Yovick club. Mr. Courtois was a communicant of Ste. Jean d'Arc church.

He was married to the former Irene Christian, who survives him, along with a daughter, Maureen V. Courtois; a son, Donald J. Courtois; three sisters, Mrs. Eugene Perrin, Mrs. George Loiselle, Mrs. Lucien Labbe; two brothers, Albert Courtois and Lionel Courtois.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:00 PM

    I am also researching my genealogy and have a very similar newspaper article about my great-great uncle in Lynn, MA. He was walking home from work in a blizzard in January of 1905 and struggled to make it home but got help along the way by a Good Samaritan. Unfortunately, as soon as he made it home and sat down, he died. I wish I could attach it so you could see because I think your site it really wonderful and so comprehensive! I love all the info and great resource links =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. You can e-mail me the attachment if you would like. My address is callmeshell at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete